The Outsiders

No comments
Students love S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders. Every year I have students, parents, staff members and family fondly remember all of the characters and many of their idiosyncrasies. It gives me so much pleasure to revisit this novel every year. I've recently updated many of my files to include Interactive activities compatible with Smart Board. 

Students Sort out character traits from The Outsiders. The slides pair characters such as Ponyboy/Soda, Johnny/Twobit, Darry/Dally. There are 64 characteristics for 8 main characters. The content is largely from the first 4 chapters. In a similar activity, students sort out the named characters with their matching traits. I use this after the first few chapters to introduce the characters and their traits. This item matches up with the following printable item. Students really don’t seem to mind that the activities are similar. They love to show off their knowledge of the characters.




No comments :